A short CV is available in PDF.
- B.Math in Pure Mathematics and Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo, 1979
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, University of Toronto, 1981
- Ph.D in Computer Science, University of Toronto, 1984
- 1987-1994 Assistant Professor, University of Geneva
- 1994-1996 Associate Professor of Computer Science, University of Bern
- 1996-2021 Full Professor of Computer Science, University of Bern
- 2022-present Soul polisher, feenk GmbH
- Lectured numerous courses on Software Engineering, Programming Languages and related CS topics from 1994-2021
- Supervised or co-supervised:
Published over 400 articles from 1981 to the present. A recent selection follows below.
Oscar Nierstrasz and Tudor Gîrba, Making Systems Explainable, VISSOFT 22: Proceedings of the 10th IEEE Working Conference on Software Visualization, IEEE, 2022.
Pooja Rani and Arianna Blasi and Nataliia Stulova and Sebastiano Panichella and Alessandra Gorla and Oscar Nierstrasz, A decade of code comment quality assessment: A systematic literature review, Journal of Systems and Software, 195, January 2023.
Pablo Valenzuela-Toledo and Alexandre Bergel and Timo Kehrer and Oscar Nierstrasz, EGAD: A moldable tool for GitHub Action analysis, Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR 23), 2023.
Pablo Valenzuela-Toledo and Alexandre Bergel and Timo Kehrer and Oscar Nierstrasz, Exploring GitHub Actions through EGAD: An Experience Report, IWST 23: Proceedings of International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies, 2023.
Invited talk at FASE 2016, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Invited talk at Simula 50 Years, Oslo, Noway
Doctoral Symposium presentation at ASE 2020 Doctoral Symposium, Melbourne, Australia
Keynote presentation at VISSOFT 2022, Limmasol, Cyprus
Invited talk at BATbern50, Paul Klee Center, Bern